If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your labia, you’re not alone. Many women feel self-conscious about how their labia look and feel, especially as they grow older or after childbirth. But thanks to advances in plastic surgery, we can restore the shape of your labia with labiaplasty and also offer vaginal tightening in Houston.
Restore Your Intimate Areas
As you grow older, your body goes through numerous changes. The gradual loss of collagen leads to sagging skin and tissues, and factors like childbirth and weight fluctuations can cause sagging, skin laxity, and other problems. Your vulva isn’t immune to the ravages of time and childbirth. If you’re dissatisfied with the appearance of your labia or experience discomfort during intercourse, a labiaplasty may be just what you need.
What is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a type of surgery performed on the vulva, specifically the labia minora and majora. The labia are the fleshy, inner lips that surround the vaginal opening. This surgery is performed for cosmetic reasons, to reduce the size of the labia or to change their shape. It can also be performed for functional reasons, such as to relieve discomfort from rubbing and chafing and to improve sensation during intercourse.
Goals of Labiaplasty:
- Trimming away excess tissues from the labia minora and majora
- Reducing the size of overly large or disproportionate labial tissues
- Removing the overhanging labial tissues that cause discomfort
- Improving sexual sensation during intercourse
Candidates for Labiaplasty:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of the vagina
- Have disproportionate or overly large labial tissues
- Feel embarrassed about the appearance of the labia
- Experience discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Are in good overall health
- Don’t have underlying medical conditions that preclude surgery
- Are nonsmokers or willing to stop smoking before and after the procedure
- Have realistic expectations from the labiaplasty surgery
Consult Dr. Erickson
Dr. Cameron Erickson is a highly-skilled and acclaimed aesthetic surgeon specializing in body contouring procedures. He takes the time to listen to his patients and curates surgical plans that conform to their specific goals. Furthermore, you will receive his personal number during recovery, so you can contact him anytime. If you’re looking for an aesthetic surgeon with expertise in labiaplasty and vaginal tightening in Houston, schedule an appointment today.