Signs of aging in the lower half of the face can make you look upset and sad. The loss of elasticity from the skin in the lower face can downturn the corners of your mouth, making you seem eternally upset. That’s where a personalized lower facelift in Houston can help.
The Erickson Difference
Dr. Erickson has a stellar track record with hundreds of successful facelifts under his belt. Taking a personalized, patient-centered approach to facelifts, he ensures that each patient feels supported through every stage of the surgical journey, from the initial consultation to the final stages of recovery. Dr. Erickson carefully constructs the surgical plan to address your aesthetic goals with natural-looking results, taking a decade or more off your face.
What is a Lower Facelift?
A lower facelift is a surgical procedure that can address sagging skin, wrinkles, creases, and other signs of aging on the lower half of the face, i.e., the regions from the corners of the mouth to the neck. The incisions for a lower facelift are usually made behind the earlobes or under the chin, following which excess skin tissues and fatty deposits are removed. Dr. Erickson’s lower facelift in Houston can also remove excess submental skin from the neck, helping you achieve a more contoured face.
Goals of a Lower Facelift:
- Correcting excess wrinkles and fine lines in the lower face
- Reducing deep nasolabial folds and marionette lines around the nose and mouth
- Improving the contours of the jawline and the submental area
- Softening facial wrinkles and creases around the mouth
- Removing excess skin and fatty deposits from the neck
- Improving overall lower facial contours
Candidates for a Lower Facelift:
- Have moderate to severe signs of aging on the lower face
- Have deep facial creases and wrinkles around the mouth and jawline
- Have loose, sagging skin tissues under the chin or around the neck
- Have loose skin on the jowls and jawline
- Want to take a decade or more off the face
- Are in their late 40s or 50s
- Have good overall health
- Don’t have underlying medical conditions that preclude surgery
- Are nonsmokers or willing to stop smoking before and after the procedure
- Have realistic expectations from the lower facelift procedure
Consult Dr. Erickson
Dr. Erickson is a highly-skilled, nationally-renowned facial plastic surgeon with extensive surgical experience. He believes in supporting his patients through every stage of the surgical process until the final stages of recovery. He also offers his personal number to all his surgical patients, so you can rest assured that you’ll have a direct line of communication with him and his nursing staff. Please schedule an appointment to explore your options for a lower facelift in Houston today!