The traditional facelift can provide dramatic results, but it also involves considerable downtime and an extended recovery time. But if you only have mild to moderate signs of aging and lax jowls, a mini facelift in Houston might be just what you need.
Refresh Yourself Over the Weekend
Undergoing a facelift is a serious commitment. Patients who approach Dr. Erickson for a facelift are unanimously thrilled with the results, but there’s no denying that it can interrupt your life for a few weeks. What if you want to reverse the signs of aging, restore your youthful looks, and refresh your appearance without taking weeks off work and daily activities? That’s where the less-invasive mini facelift or “weekend facelift” comes into the picture.
What is a Mini Facelift?
A mini facelift, also known as a weekend facelift, is a less invasive form of a traditional facelift. This procedure involves making small incisions behind the earlobes and along the hairline, through which the surgeon pulls the skin slightly. This procedure also tightens your facial skin and reduces facial wrinkles, but it only affects the exterior layer of the skin. Since a mini facelift doesn’t address the underlying muscles or SMAS layer, it involves minimal downtime.
A mini facelift helps you achieve a refreshed and more attractive appearance. It can correct mild facial wrinkles, mild to moderate facial sagging, and a drooping jawline, making you look more youthful. This is the appropriate facelift technique for patients in their 40s or early 50s. However, a mini facelift also produces minimal swelling and bruising, involves minimal recovery time of a few days, and the incisions are more easily hidden.
Goals of a Mini Facelift:
- Tightening loose or excess skin
- Correcting mild to moderate facial sagging
- Correcting moderate skin laxity and jowls
- Correcting deep facial creases and wrinkles
- Correcting nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Reducing the prominence of a double chin
- Improving overall facial contours
Candidates for a Mini Facelift:
- Have mild to moderate skin laxity and wrinkles
- Have mild to moderate jowls and facial creases
- Have mild to moderate nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Want subtle enhancements to their facial appearance
- Don’t yet need a comprehensive or standard facelift
- Want to reverse the signs of aging on the lower face
- Have good skin elasticity
- Are in their 40s or 50s
- Have good overall health
- Don’t have underlying medical conditions that preclude surgery
- Are nonsmokers or willing to stop smoking before and after surgery
- Have realistic expectations from a mini facelift
Consult Dr. Erickson
Dr. Erickson is a nationally-recognized facial plastic surgeon with hundreds of facial surgeries under his belt. He has trained with internationally-renowned plastic surgeons and completed one of the most prestigious residency programs in the country — UTSW in Dallas. He takes a personalized approach to facial plastic surgeries, ensuring you feel supported throughout the process. Schedule an appointment for your mini facelift in Houston today!